Friday, January 13, 2012

Taken By Surprise

I run. Whenever I can. But no longer do I run along the gorgeous streets of Adelaide. Oh how I miss those... Instead I am running around in circles in Indonesia. Literally.


It's a little dull. In fact, incredibly monotonous. As I bound around a track where I live, I see the same guards, people, plants, buildings...every run. The most exciting part is passing the lobby every lap, because I get to dodge taxis, buses, cars, guards and dozens of school children. But it's always the same.    

So I was astounded this week when something looked different. Right next to the grey path. I could see a haze of bright pink on the grass. It was stunning. And surprising.





4 comments:

  1. I stopped by from InCourage. Your post today is just beautiful. Thank you for such a lovely perspective.
    Blessings,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Christy. I really appreciate your encouragement. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. Loved this post:) I am a runner too...and understand when you have to run the same route everyday :( But I totally agree God surprises us with His beauty if we just open our eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love talking to other runners Charissa :) I can't imagine how many surprises we miss, but it's beautiful when we do see these things - it encourages us to be more intentional about looking. May pink abound around you today.

      Delete